Friday, June 29, 2007

I didn't realize I was smiling...

While walking back to my apartment yesterday afternoon a man passing by asked me if I knew that I was smiling.
I certainly felt particularly contented and happy at the moment but hadn't realized my face showed it. I've occasionally had people point out my involuntary smiles which surprises me on one hand but not on the other: I'm generally a happy person. Why wouldn't I be smiling?
A woman who works in my department building sometimes calls out to me from the end of hallways: "Hey Smiley! Whacha smiling for today?" I usually don't know.

Yesterday I was smiling because I'd just met a dog named Newt, because the cumulus clouds overhead were stupendously beautiful, the sun was out and it had taken me (only!) a total of 15 minutes to walk to a grocery store, purchase a bag of onions and return to our new apartment where one of the onions was added to a scrumptious chick pea curry.

1 comment:

Kathy O'Brien said...

Yeah, woman of the north!

Welcome to the world of blogging.

Thanks for sharing.