Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Where to begin?

It’s been a while since I’ve last blogged and I’ve so many different stories to tell that I’ll have to break up events of the past few weeks into multiple short blog posts. Today’s post will simply set the stage so that you understand my recent neglect of my blog and hopefully want to check in again to read more:
Since I last wrote, ManNorth and I headed waaay down south (and east) to my hometown to visit with my family, made a side trip across the border into the US to see more relatives and then flew to Prairie Town to pick up our pickup (sorry, I couldn’t resist) that we had had to leave behind when we moved to Northern Town by air last June. After a dinner with family and a day’s flurry of errands in Prairie Town, we were off on our next adventure, driving our truck over 4,000km home to Northern Town with hopes of ManNorth making it back to work on time. (This was a concern, given that we were driving through the mountains in winter and a few mountain passes we’d be travelling through are often closed in the winter due to poor weather and road conditions.)
Suffice to say, all went well. Big Red (our truck) behaved herself and we arrived home with a few days to sleep and relax by building and staining a 8 X 4 X 1 ft bookshelf from inexpensive lumber we purchased in Prairie Town (Northern Town doesn’t sell fencing lumber as no one seems to need or want fences.)
Stay tuned for more details of the trip and news from Northern Town.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You came all the way home and didn't bother to look up one of your faithful blog readers!!! LOL. Hope you had a great visit with your family...I kept looking for a new entry all holiday long and was so excited to see all the posts here today! Yay WN! Happy New Year...

Steph said...

So glad you made it safe and sound all that way through the wilderness! I'm very very looking forward to photos. Very.

Heather said...

I'd wondered where you'd been. Hope you has a great time visiting. And yay that Big Red made the trip!

Heather said...

Must remember to proofread....

WomanNorth said...

Noelle, I DID think of you but our visit was so short and jam-packed that I wasn't able to visit with many folks I'd have liked to, including you. My apologies though, as that would have been fun and we're overdue for an inperson catch-up. Next time for sure!

Yes, we certainly were grateful that Red made the trip, and especially so as there were never any places to plug in the block heater when we'd park for the night. She was grumpy every morning but would always turn over and get running.