Monday, February 18, 2008

I'll never look at a cough drop the same way again

Perhaps it's just me and my strange associations, but doesn't anyone else out there also think that the Vicks drops showering down all over the unsuspecting world in the current Vicks television commercial look an awful lot like Oobleck?


(As in Bartholomew and the Oobleck.)

I keep waiting for the part in the commercial where the Oobleck-Vicks Drops finally land in big gloopy sticky messes, trapping everyone where they are until finally King Derwin says he's sorry for trying to mess with the weather and it all mysteriously evaporates.


It'd be hard to sell a product that way. I guess the folks at Vicks edited that part out.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hah! You're right! The color is even perfect.

Thought the concept was a bit odd, I did like the music in the commercial, and have looked up the band, Anathallo. It's always neat to find out about things like that in a roundabout way.