Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Northern DINKS

Now, before all of you get concerned about this post's title, it's not what you think it means. I was laughingly instructed by ManNorth this morning to describe he and I as of today, as a couple, as DINKS. (As in Double Income No Kids).

That's right all you internets, I'm employed and I started work today!








Hooray!!!


Here are some of my first day of work highlights:

-My computer refused to give me internet access and the IT guy can't come in until (maybe) sometime tomorrow to see why it's acting as though it knows me.

-I was asked to play harmonica in the company band. (Thankfully, I only fell for the joke for a few seconds. Okay, maybe it was a minute and I spent that time panicking at the thought of my nonexistent musical skills and tendancy to slobber the few times I've tried the harmonica. My horror must have been obvious for my new boss quickly let me know, with some concern, that she was only joking.)

-I served myself and drank coffee from a pot of coffee that was so old that no one knew when it had been brewed or that the (obviously unplugged) machine even had coffee in it. I did wonder at all the CoffeeMate floaties refusing to sink and disperse after adding the whitener and should have realized that it doesn't dissolve in cold liquids. (Note to self: bring my own milk to work). After spitting it out, I drank water the rest of the day.

-I'm now an -ologist (!), albeit a "casual" one. (Hint, hint)

2 comments: