Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wednesday reading

This morning I'd like to direct you all to a few blogs of note:

Are you into photography and have an appreciation for the challenges involved in getting great photos? Get yourself on over to Kids and Nature and ply photogirl with all questions photographic...and check out her seriously good photography (of kids and nature, no less).

Steph over at When I Drop Dead has been cooking up a storm and has just posted instructions for making goi cuon, also known as Vietnamese summer rolls. If they're half as good as the samosa recipe she posted a few days ago, I'll be regularly emptying Northern Town of its rice paper and vermicelli noodles.

Steph also brought another great blog to my attention and as I've been quite impressed with it as well, I'll also send you all on over to Hark! A Vagrant (and/or KateBeaton.com) where Kate Beaton's comic strips, often with a Canadian flare, are sure to impress, amuse and educate. Her collection of history comics is fantastic and I've loved them all. Tesla!! (I made sure to show ManNorth Kate's recent comic about Sandford Fleming as the Man's been sporting a beard of his own of late, though not nearly as full as Fleming's.)

Have you ever wondered what it's like to be a scientist or an engineer? Over at Being a Scientist and a Woman, Sciencewoman has just been joined by Alice Pawley, an engineer and a woman. Together they'll be blogging about their work and their experiences as women in their fields. I expect their blog to be renamed now that they've merged but for now, Being a Scientist and a Woman is where to find them. Go say hi!

Have fun reading!

1 comment:

naturegirl said...

Thank you for the exposure! (Ha ha, little photography joke).